This Article provides a summary of why Nevis International Business Corporations (IBCs) can be beneficial within the international arena.
- Nevis has no Public or Government Registers for directors, shareholders or beneficial owners. All information is maintained privately and securely at the Registered Office by the Agent.
- Nevis is a well-regulated jurisdiction which is independent and offers a stable political and economic environment.
Speed and Ease of Incorporation
- Nevis structures can be established within 24 hours.
- Names can be reserved instantly, free of charge, for 10 days.
- As the Registry is smaller than in many comparable jurisdictions, there is a much wider selection of names available.
- Certificates of Incumbency and Good Standing can be issued and apostilled within 48 hours.
- Simple procedures provide for the redomiciliation of foreign entities in to and out of Nevis.
- Nevis IBCs are able to amend their articles of incorporation relatively easily and can also merge or consolidate with foreign corporations or other Nevis corporations.
- There is no requirement to file annual returns or financial statements.
Tax Exemptions and Other Benefits
- Nevis does not levy VAT or other indirect taxes on IBCs and there is NO income tax, NO capital gains tax, NO wealth tax, NO death duty or inheritance tax.
- It is possible for a Nevis IBC to be classified as “Nevis resident” and for a tax residency certificate to be issued (this can be specially beneficial where there is a desire to demonstrate the location of the control and management of the company).
- Dixcart can provide a local Board comprising experienced professionals with international corporate experience in managing companies.
Nevis Legal and Corporate Framework
- Nevis applies common law.
- Legislative and fiscal independence mean that the island can respond quickly to the needs of business.Updated legislation is regularly introduced to offer a greater variety of relevant international corporate vehicles. Nevis IBCs now allow for Sole Directors either corporate and/or natural persons.
- Companies can be incorporated to conduct any lawful business.
- The director(s) and/or secretary can be located anywhere in the world and can be natural or legal persons.
- Authorised share capital can be denominated in any recognised national currency.
- St Kitts & Nevis operates consulates in overseas locations and these include a consulate in Dubai. This makes legalisation of company documents in such jurisdictions easier and significantly less expensive.
Other Nevis Structures and a Residency Programme of International Interest
- Private Trust Companies
- International Exempt Trusts
- Limited Liability Corporations
- Multiform Foundations
- Citizenship by Investment
The Dixcart office in Nevis can provide further information regarding Nevis IBCs and the advantages that this jurisdiction offers. Dixcart Management Nevis Limited is a Registered Agent for the establishment and management of Nevis IBCs.
Please speak to your regular Dixcart contact or to Graham Sutcliffe at the Dixcart office in Nevis for additional information: email@example.com.