The addition of Shaun Drake to the Guernsey office has enabled Dixcart to provide a new suite of services to listed (or public) companies that trade on worldwide stock exchanges. Shaun is a professional company secretary with 20 years of listed company experience with companies trading on stock exchanges in the UK, Canada, USA and Australia. He presently acts for a number of listed companies in an officer role (Company Secretary) and has also served as a non-executive director of private and listed companies.
With the recent growth of The International Stock Exchange (TISE) and continued strength of the London Stock Exchange (LSE) and Alternative Investment Market (AIM), the need for experienced company secretaries is greater than ever. In the past, Shaun has provided services to listed companies covering a wide range of market sectors: mining and mineral exploration; oil and gas; financial services; royalty streams; manufacturing; real estate; cannabis; and high tech.
What Services Can Dixcart Offer?
- Provision of a professional company secretary with 20 years of public company experience.
- Management of Board and Committee meetings: pre-meeting discussion with Chairs; draft agendas; circulate meeting materials; attend and act as recording secretary; prepare initial ‘To Do’ list from the meeting and provide full minutes.
- Assistance with ongoing regulatory compliance for listed entity and insiders.
- Oversee AGM process and assistance in preparing shareholder meeting materials.
- Provide advice on corporate governance practices including the preparation of a full suite of corporate mandates / charters / policies.
- Monitor corporate governance compliance to ensure best practices are being maintained.
- Undertake annual Board assessments and tabulate results in a confidential manner.
- Act as the liaison for the client company with the registrar, professional advisors and corporate stakeholders.
- Develop a good working relationship with the C-Suite (top senior staff) and Board members.
- Minute Book custody in both hard copy and electronic format.
- Provision of an administrative substance expected of operating companies.
Some private companies require their internal governance to be at the same level as that of a listed company, especially where the shareholders have invested significant financial capital. Shaun has acted for a number of private companies in the past, working with management and the Board to determine the most appropriate level of corporate governance. This is particularly of interest to a private company that is seeking an exchange listing as part of its short to medium-term corporate strategy.
Attendance at Meetings
Many Board and Committee meetings are held by telephone conference call or web-hosted. However, as the Guernsey office is only a short thirty-five minute flight to London by air and has excellent transport links to other key UK airports, which enables easy access to European and international connections, attendance in person for Board and Committee meetings is easily facilitated.
What Advantages Does Dixcart Offer?
Dixcart provides effective and efficient solutions to listed company clients, using experience gained over 20 years.
The cost effective solution for a listed company is to outsource the company secretary role until there is a requirement to engage a full time in-house person. Dixcart is well positioned in this market to provide an experienced company secretary, whether as an officer position or in an advisory role.
For further information on this topic please contact your usual Dixcart adviser or speak to Shaun Drake in the Guernsey office: firstname.lastname@example.org.